Friday, January 27, 2017

Letter to 1A


Dear Students and Families of 1A,

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts while I have been on maternity leave. We feel so blessed gaining our littlest member of the family! I have missed all your sweet faces dearly, and it was so good to see everyone on the recent field trip! However, baby Alexis still needs lots of care and eats very frequently. I need to be home with her and tend to her needs since she is very little. While I will not be returning as your full-time teacher, our classroom has always felt like my second home, and I would love to come help with reading and math groups and in whatever capacity I can. I won’t be able to be at school every day, but I plan to still visit and can’t wait to see and hear all about what you are learning. I am very impressed with how much you all have already grown and have seen the strides you are making in your work (especially with your Spalding handwriting!). I keep in close contact with Ms. Modisett and Mrs. Trahan, and they are always bragging on how well you are doing. Keep up the great work! You will be big second graders before long! :)

Sincerely,

Mrs. Ellingson